Monday, December 5, 2011

spreading holiday cheer

i've never been a huge fan of spending my free time in the kitchen. don't get my wrong, i appreciate good food like nobody's business - its just i would rather not be the one to cook/bake that delicious food! i am so lucky hubby is a fantastic chef. (let me tell you, he can make a mean dish!).

but, there is something about this time of year that always urges me into the kitchen for some holiday baking.


 this weekend, mom and i baked chocolate crinkles, sugar cookies, shortbread cookies, and my favorite of them all - my grandma mary's pumpkin bread.
our house never smelled so good!

probably the most rewarding of all was taking our goodies around the neighborhood - we happened to wake one neighbor up (at 1:30 pm on a sunday afternoon, mind you), and he said "oh my gosh. this is the best way i've ever woken up. you guys are angels!". haha.

what is your favorite holiday treat?

xxo

1 comment:

  1. mmm pumpkin bread! I can't wait until I have a kitchen again...

    ReplyDelete