Thursday, April 5, 2012

filling my walls with goodness


i first stumbled upon the amazing work of Mae Chevrette about a year ago. the hubby and i had just moved to mill city. i was unemployed (and having the time of my life!), and my relationship with acrylic paint, watercolors, papers, etc etc. was still very new.

while browsing on etsy i saw this print. it felt like my heart literally stopped beating! i loved the layers. drips and drops of paint. the combination of fonts were magic to my eyes. it was really in this moment it became clear to me i wanted to be an artist. to bring beauty and meaning into the world.

i am so excited to (finally) have this beauty in my home! to me, it is much much more than a piece of art. it instantly takes me back to my beginning days as a new artist. it reminds me of how far i've come, gently reminds me i still have a long journey ahead.

xxo


1 comment:

  1. so cool!
    i love your story to becoming the wonderful artist that you are!
    inspiration is the best!

    ReplyDelete