Tuesday, August 13, 2013

allow

Untitled

there's something about a quiet house that fills my soul, so. 
when i finally give in to that longing. to turn off the music. or the tv.
to put my phone down.

i'm alive again. spiritually + emotionally.

i think sometimes i'm running. or hiding, rather. perhaps from my own thoughts. almost as if i'm scared to be alone with them. but the ache grows too painful to continue with the chaos + noise + distraction for too long.

the quiet is a beautiful thing. a space for healing + growing + dreaming + processing. a place to be free. 

you don't have to feel chained up. you don't have to respond right away. you don't always have to have it all together. or be everything to everyone.

allow yourself to feel the freedom + glory of just being.

xo

4 comments:

  1. you are so right, our souls are thirsty for quiet, more than we realize.

    Grace, peace and love to you Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much more than we realize!

      Thank you, sweet Mary. <3 Love to you.

      Delete
  2. I cant wait for quiet time this weekend. The last couple of months have just been crazy busy for me and I need me time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're enjoying a quiet weekend, friend!
      Those are sometimes (a lot of the time;)) the very best. <3

      Delete