Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hold Nothing Back

Happy August, friends! It is a new month (one of the best, in my opinion - it is my birthday month, after all!), and I'm celebrating small steps over here. I can already feel so much goodness in store.

For the first time in over a month, yesterday I (finally!!) felt a bit of my old energy returning. No longer did my eyes burn + water from the moment i woke up in the morning. No longer did I feel I could sleep for a week straight. No longer did I wonder how (or if) I would make it through the day.

My heart was seriously bursting with so much thankfulness + happiness I felt like weeping.
'Little things' like energy are so easily taken for granted, until it's gone. It has been one entire month since I've exercised. Since I've had a drink. Since I've been able to take vitamins. Since I've felt even a resemblance of my old happy artist self. I know I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there.

So much of that I owe to you, friends. You and your kindness. Your tenderness. Your uplifting messages + packages + snail mail. The support I've felt as I've traveled through these unknown waters has been unreal, and I feel as though I owe you everything. I could not have done it without each of you.


Untitled

Our experiences, good + bad alike, offer so much perspective. It had been way too long since I've been able to spend an entire day in my studio. And yesterday was heaven, for me. A quiet house, and nothing on the agenda except a date with my favorite colors + paintbrushes. It was as though I was looking at all the same things through different eyes. More thankful eyes. More knowing eyes.

Untitled

Untitled

And I know now that life is too short + too important to hold back. I want to hold nothing back. xo

6 comments:

  1. You are beautiful. THANKFUL that your familiar path is in sight. THANKFUL for the light that shone even in those dimly lit, uphill, narrow, winding spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're feeling better! I hope you keep moving onward and upward,friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your part about how we take 'little things' like energy for granted. It is so true. I am so happy you are on your way back to your old self. But, I think you shouldn't think of it has an 'old self' but moving forward to a new and better you! YOU are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I didn't think of it this way until now...but you are so right! It isn't just going back to my 'old' self. Thank you sweet girl. You're wise beyond your years!

      Delete