Tuesday, September 3, 2013

art journal: sometimes


sometimes
it's as though I feel too much

raw + open + vulnerable

sometimes
I think the things we are most afraid of are the things we need most.
like silence.

sometimes
i am gentle with myself + allow time for healing
and sometimes i just want it all to go away

sometimes
i remember that i dont have to agree

sometimes i get too exhausted having to think about words + actions all the time

i just want to live

sometimes
i wish i would make fewer commitments
and sometimes
i wish i weren't so alone

sometimes
the fear is immobilizing
but sometimes
it is the fire that ignites my heart

xo

4 comments:

  1. I think all of us super feeling art girls experience this feeling most of the time. We get overwhelmed and overstimulated easily and require some silence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I love how I'm just recently putting all of this together. ;) It is nice knowing I'm not the only one!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Oh. Oh. These words could have come from my heart + lips + fingers. Thank you for being brave here. Thank you for saying yes to vulnerability. Thank you for reminding me we are never alone.

    Peace, your way. Today. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amanda! Your words mean more than you know!

      xo

      Delete