Monday, September 9, 2013

Painting Play

As autumn slowly begins to settle in, I find myself spending less time in the studio + more time taking in all of the beauty. Hello crisp air + cool sunshine + changing leaves. I adore you, so.

I love slowing down this time of year. Often, I find myself painting just for the sake of getting my hands messy with paint - worrying less about productivity + more about the beautiful process.

Here's what I have on my studio table this morning!

Untitled
painting play
painting play
painting play
painting play
Here's to a slower pace. Capturing beauty in your soul. And making time for play.
Sending so much love to you, friends. xo

6 comments:

  1. The layers of color and texture in you work make me happy! Think I am going to head over to your etsy site!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, that means so much! Thank you <3.
      YOUR colors + layers make me happy. So thankful to have found you. :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. love this. I have weeks when I "slow down" too...looking forward to fall as well, and soaking in all the beauty it has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie!
      Slowing down helps us see the goodness in the little things, I think. And it is a nice change of pace every once in awhile!
      I hope you're enjoying this beautiful September.
      xo

      Delete
  3. I always love all the color in your work. enjoy your Autumn, make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the sweetest! Thank you so much.
      I hope you're having a wonderful week!
      xo

      Delete