Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I just want to...

There is something to be said about letting your creativity out to play.
To create simply for the joy of creating.
To enjoy the process.
To be in the moment.
To stop worrying if people will like it.
To make time for YOU.

Because at the end of the day,

I just want to move my hands
and get them messy
and create something.



I'm a habitual maker + follower of lists, and tend to feel most accomplished at the end of the day if I've been able to scribble out everything on said list. But you know what rarely makes it onto my daily to-dos? Self care. Time in the studio to "play" and create whatever comes straight from my heart that wants to be seen.

I'm learning that life is much too short to deprive ourselves of what truly makes us come alive. Because I can tell you right now, while washing dishes and folding laundry may be on my list, they just are not doing it for me. Maybe it's time to overthrow the system....;)

xo

5 comments:

  1. This post is gorgeous and inspiring and lovely. I'm adding your blog to a list of creative blogs that keep me going on today's blog post. Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a BEAUTIFUL soul!! i am in awe of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! Gorgeous colors, beautiful sentiments and totally feeding my ongoing obsession with dreamcatchers. Love, love. BTW found your blog via your article on the stampington blog. :)

    ReplyDelete