Tuesday, March 18, 2014

savor

Untitled
What if we said no to rushing?

What if we refused to participate in this continual game of
getting it all done
and instead slowed down.
living each moment with intention + gratitude.
How much joy would be find in the ordinary moments?

Like brewing a cup of coffee.
Making pancakes.
Feeling the sunlight on your skin as you sit in your dining room,
just taking it all in.

Life is meant to be savored. 

For me today, this means:
Extra sleep.
Morning light.
Delicious coffee.
A quiet house.
His word.

What are you savoring today, friends?

xo

4 comments:

  1. I'm savoring a few extra minutes to sit at the table with the sun on my back, enjoying your beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, that sounds so lovely, Sara!
      Thank you for stopping by - I'm so glad you did!
      xo

      Delete
  2. You had me at extra sleep, I am craving sleep at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both!! I hope you're able to sleep in this weekend! <3
      xo

      Delete